Want to transform your life and the lives of others? Learn practical strategies that increase resilience, compassion and joy. This webinar discusses the theoretical principles and perspectives of Positive Psychology, as well as the current research on joy, emotional contagion and compassion.
Resilience can be increased through strength-based approaches that emphasize positive thinking patterns and circumstances in a person’s life. These approaches help to connect people with their character strengths and their ability to override their brain’s negativity bias, while inspiring hope, connection, balance, and self-compassion. The benefits and limitations of Positive Psychology Interventions, as well as things to consider when using such interventions with different racial and ethnic groups will be discussed. The knowledge and skill learned from this session can be used to immediately enrich current work with clients.
This intermediate level course was designed for psychologists, social workers, marriage and family therapists and counselors.
Elevate You CE is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Elevate You CE maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
The great news is that most states allow Licensed Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists to gain credits from APA approved sponsors. If you are unsure if your state does, just reach out and we will let you know.
- Explain the three pillars of positive psychology.
- Describe two benefits and two limitations of integrating key positive psychology concepts into mental health practice.
- Create five effective interventions for overriding the brain’s negativity bias and describe how
they could be integrated into standard treatment to increase a client’s connection with joy.
- Describe one consideration and how it might be used when integrating a positive psychology intervention with each of the following groups: African American, Asian American, Latin American and American Indian.
- Benefits of Experiencing Joy, Negativity Bias, Inner Critic & Self-Compassion, Positive Psychology (PP)
- 15-Minute Break
- PP Interventions (PPIs), Considerations for PPIs with different racial and ethnic groups
Developed by: Liza Auciello, PsyD