Course Description (as written by His Holiness, The 14th Dalai Lama)
“A spiritual journey is essentially devoted to developing our genuine concern for others. We cultivate positive qualities such as patience, compassion and loving kindness, while countering negative mental qualities like anger and attachment, which cause us unhappiness and inflict suffering on those around us.
The benefit we derive from practicing more altruism will be an increase in our mental as well as our physical wellbeing. The process can be thought of as “mental hygiene”; just as we must attend to our physical hygiene, it is important that we improve both our heart and mind to develop inner peace.
Dr. Leena Banerjee Brown’s book is an account of the spiritual journeys of a few practitioners who describe how their own happiness and wellbeing have increased as a result of their effort to help others. I hope that this book will be an inspiration to the many who make their way along their spiritual paths.
1 February 2021”
This course is based on a book and a post-test. The book is purchased separately here or at your favorite online bookstore: https://www.amazon.com/True-Light-Ordinary-Extraordinary-Spiritual/dp/194502674X To participate in this self-guided course, purchase the book and course now, using the order course link above. Then, when you have read the book, log onto your account, click on the course link, and take the post-test. You will then receive your CE certificate.
- Explain why integrating spiritual practices in one’s world advances mental health.
- Discuss the evolutionary connection between the multicultural attitude and the interspiritual attitude.
- Describe how elevation of innermost attitude/sonen deepens the Interpersonal Neurobiology tenets of reflection and relationship.
- Identify one personal and one cultural barrier to integrating spiritual practices in your world and one self-development practice to overcome them.
- Apply 3 self-development practices to improve client outcomes.
Foreword: His Holiness, the 14thDalai Lama
Introductory Words: Dr. Kurt Johnson
Chapter 1: Giving and Receiving Light
Chapter 2: Elevation of the Mind
Chapter 3: Generation of Light
Chapter 4: Human-Nature Harmony
Chapter 5: Growing Together in Wisdom
Afterword: Dr. Robert Atkinson
Developed by: Leena Banerjee Brown, PhD