Instructed by: Liza Auciello, PsyD
In the past 10 years, vicarious trauma prevention has been highlighted in clinical programs and has become the norm within mental health training, yet concepts like vicarious resilience and compassion satisfaction have received little attention. This webinar promotes the integration of practices that offer a balanced perspective of working with human suffering and trauma, and a way for practices and training that support the development of compassion satisfaction and vicarious resilience to become the norm in the clinic setting.
This webinar provides professionals with guidelines and strategies for maintaining a state of well-being and resilience when working with clients who have experienced trauma. The ethics of self-care and proper support from both a personal and an organizational perspective will be discussed and analyzed. Current research in the topic areas will be shared.
Participants will gain practical tools they can implement in their work environment, a better understanding of how their culture may impact their self-care and resilience, and knowledge of self-care from other cultural perspectives. This knowledge can be used as a foundation for more advanced learning as well as for enriching the clinician’s current work with clients. Strategies learned can enhance longevity in the field and the ability to provide competent care to clients.
This webinar is designed for mental health professionals who are interested in having a strengths-based practice and for those who supervise others or manage mental health programs.
Elevate You CE is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Elevate You CE maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
The great news is that most states allow Licensed Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists to gain credits from APA approved sponsors. If you are unsure if your state does, just reach out and we will let you know.
- Describe three key aspects of vicarious resilience and how it can help clinicians.
- Explain the benefits of integrating vicarious resilience and compassion satisfaction training into clinical practice.
- Discuss and analyze the applicable ethical standards regarding self-care and resiliency, and their impact on client care.
- Use five preventative practices that lead to better coping when working with clients who have experienced trauma.
- Benefits of Well-Being
- Self-Care (Defined, Ethical Responsibility, Culture, Matching Energy and Values)
- Positive and Negative Outcomes of Trauma Work
- Vicarious Resilience Scale
- Individual and Organizational Responsibilities
- Recommended Strategies and Practices
Developed by: Liza Auciello, PsyD