A continuing education course presented through award-winning comedy? Yes please!
When Kate Huffman first presented her one-woman comedy, I’M TOO FAT FOR THIS SHOW, she wasn’t aware that telling the story of her two decades of living with anorexia, body dysmorphia, OCD, and other anxiety disorders would result in an educational experience for therapists. In town after town where she toured, therapists would reach out to her afterwards with follow up questions.
Now a triple-certified body confidence and wellness coach, Kate Huffman shares the techniques she used to finally overcome the eating disorder that she had always assumed with be with her for life.
In this course, research-based information on current eating disorder treatment will be followed by a full presentation of the award-winning, world-toured solo performance I’M TOO FAT FOR THIS SHOW.
After the show, participants will learn cutting edge approaches to help patients identify where their beliefs about their bodies come from. Through an examination of diet culture and fatphobia that is fed to young minds through media, the medical industry, friends and family alike, participants will discover new, effective ways to help patients challenge and change their thoughts and feelings around their bodies and behaviors.
PLEASE NOTE: The On-Demand version of this course is split into two videos that need to be purchased separately. Your CE certificate for 3 CE Credits will be provided after you purchase and view both videos 1 and 2, and take the post-test that follows video 2.
- Identify and describe three stages of body acceptance and apply it to clinical work with clients who struggle with eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorder.
- Predict and discuss the possible thought processes of patients with eating disorders.
- Demonstrate the ways in which fatphobia and diet culture perpetuate the beliefs and thought patterns of patients with eating disorders and body dysmorphia.
- Apply thought work tools for patients with eating disorders and body dysmorphia to guide them to question and choose more useful thoughts.
- Body Positivity, Eating Disorder Research on Adolescents and Adults, Treatment Approaches
- Viewing of “Im Too Fat For This Show!”
- Post show Reflections, Diet Culture, Fatphobia, Neuroscience, Body Acceptance and Thought Work
Developed by: Kate Huffman, Certified Body Confidence Coach and Liza Auciello, PsyD